Friday, May 9, 2008

Confessing Addictions

Well, since Amazing went out on a limb and confessed her and Steve are addicted to Gilmore Girls...I thought I would come out of the closet too!



Nobody and her fam introduced us to this game: The Settlers of Catan








We in turn showed it to the Shaeffers...and now, we CANNOT stop playing it! The week drags on until we can play again! This game was pricey! $60.00 ($40 for 3-4 players and another $20 for the expansion to add 2 more players) The only downfall is neither the Schnee nor I have won! It is either one of them :(..... And of course sweet wonderful Saundra rubs it in! That is sooooo unlike her happy go lucky personality....but she is very competitive, so I cut her some slack. Still wierd because she is the happiest, nicest person I have ever met.


Last Wednesday during our couples group, Shannon closed in prayer and he prayed that God would let us eventually win at this game, our nemesis!!!! See how they are, sweet, but not to sweet to put us in our place! LOL. One time right when we sat down, she handed us our very own stress putty...."To calm us down." she said while smiling oh so sweetly!


When Amos and I went to visit Nobody, we played there....and I still lost... :( I was beginning to think I would never win!


But alas, last night, May 8th 2008, on a whim the Shaeff's called us over for dinner and to play...Schnee and I were determined to concentrate and really play aggressively. After about 1 hour, I was doing great and it was my turn, I counted my points and they only totaled 9, you need ten to win....but then Schnee recounted, just for his own purpose and I actually had 10....I won and I did not even realize it! Perhaps I won other times and did not know....but probably not.


So, consider it an open invite to come play this fun game! We would love to play with y'all!

8 comments:

Somebody's Nobody said...

Congratulations!!!!! I will send you a card in the mail. That is the best feeling in the world that all the plotting and scheming finally pays off with a big W!

Amos said...

I think I am going to go one step further than Nobody's card. I am going to include my chipboard letter W so you can wear it on your forehead for sweet Saundra to see. Well and all to see! LOL!! Yeah for Guru!!

But now I am wondering, since I didn't know how to play the game when we were in SD, maybe I really did win, and Micah did not. He tricked me, I knew it! LOL. NOT.

amazingbrenda said...

Sounds fun. I wanna play, pweeze. I guess you better start having a recount every time you play. hehe

Domestic Diva said...

Yep...Amazing...all those dangling chads!lol

Unknown said...

Yay! I'd love to come play ;)

I do miss those OK days of staying up late playing fun games. Haven't found anyone here who seems to enjoy games like we do!

Semic70 said...

I haven't won yet.....I think it's still rigged...

smiling's my favorite said...

We love games too... as long as their not too challenging... gotta be able to carry on a full conversation while playing, right?

Domestic Diva said...

This one is a mix between Risk, Monoply and Pit....it is really easy and of course addicting